Sharpening Made Easy Homepage
Learn the skill your father should have taught you.
Sharpen Knives, Scissors and Garden Tools for your pleasure or as a business.
"Having sharp, great knives will enable you to cook very precisely." - Eric Ripert
Link of the Moment: https://noonknifesleeves.com/shop-knife-sleeves
Article of the Day: https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/10/19/knife-steels-rated-by-a-metallurgist-toughness-edge-retention-and-corrosion-resistance/
Knife Sharpening School Video
Our Sharpening School video takes you through the essentials of
our sharpening school. The sharpening school video is
professionally photographed and edited, you can watch straight
through or use the menu to jump directly to any of the 22
The DVD also includes a set of annotated notes from our sharpening school, and a copy of our How to Start Your Own Knife Sharpening Business booklet.
In person sharpening instruction is no longer available.
Sharpening Made Easy is no longer in print. An ebook version is not planned. Used copies can be found on eBay or Amazon. The first 25 pages can be viewed on Google Books.
The website content below was an early draft of the book. It is the closest thing to an ebok that we can offer at this time.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction, Sharpness Testing, Knife Sharpening Equipment; Stones, Guides and Rod-Guided Systems; Recommended Books on Knife Sharpening
- Chapter 2 - Knife Sharpening Equipment continued; Crock Sticks. Slot Gadgets, Electric Sharpening Machines for home use
- Chapter 3 - The Knife Sharpening Process: How to Sharpen a Knife. Common Mistakes, Conventional and Multi-bevel Methods, Honing, Using Oil or Water
- Chapter 4 - Advanced Stuff - Knife Steels, Knife Sharpening Theory, Stropping, Using Steels, Electric Machines, Sharpening Ceramic Knives Tables: Mohs Hardness Scale, Abrasive Grit Comparison, Suppliers
- Chapter 5 - Miscellaneous Stuff - Professional Knife Sharpening machines, Miscellaneous Sharpening Information
- Chapters 1, 2 and 3 were printed in the June and July 1999 issues of Knife World as A PRIMER ON KNIFE SHARPENING.
- Check out my information page for 100+ more pages on knife sharpening
I am retired from knife sharpening, except for Friends and Family, you know how to reach me.